CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Macys

You might remember that we purchased our living room furniture (sofa and chair) from Macys, we were supposed to have it delivered July 8 if I remember correctly, it was a Wednesday and even though I asked them to deliver it after 4, a few days before they called me and left a message that they would deliver them between 11 and 1 BUT they also gave John a call and told him they would be there between 12 and 2... Long story short, they showed up at 11, John was leaving work early, and had to take 4 hours of vacation to be a the house for that, but when he finally got home, according to the schedule that he was given, the delivery guys had left :-(

John was upset about having to take the vacation time unnecessarily, and I was a bit disappointed that we wouldn't receive our furniture until we came back from vacation... So when I got a survey regarding the furniture and the service I did mention those things... And we ended up getting a $125 gift certificate for the inconvinience!!!

So I headed to Macys on Monday, I originally wanted to buy this candleholders, and I saw that they had a cutlery set on sale for $39.99, so I figured I could buy both with my GC... But when I got there on Monday they didn't have the candleholder size I wanted and were no longer on sale and the set wasn't on sale any more either :-( So I paid the regular price for the cutlery set and left...

I went back today because I figured what else to buy with the GC (some kitchen utensils), and when I got to the Home Department I saw that the cutlery set was BACK on sale!!! I got money back from that and purchased 2 extra pillows for our new bed :-)

I'm a happy camper!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tal vez recuerden que compramos los muebles para la sala (el sofa y el sillon) en Macys, y se suponia que nos los iban a entregar el 8 de julio si no mal recuerdo, era un Miercoles y aunque les pedi que nos los entregaran despues de las 4, unos dias antes llamaron y dejaron un mensaje diciendo que iban a traerlos entre 11 y 1, PERO tambien le llamaron a John y le dijeron que iban a estar aqui entre 12 y 2... Para no hacerla larga, llegaron a la casa a las 11, John se salio del trabajo temprano (tuvo que tomar 4 horas de tiempo de vacaciones para eso), pero para cuando llego a la casa, de acuerdo al horario de entrega que le habian dado a el, los del servicio de entrega ya se habian ido :-(

John se medio awito de haber tenido que tomar tiempo de vacaciones para nada, y yo estaba un poco decepcionada porque ibamos a tener que esperar hasta que regresaramos de San Diego para que nos trajeran los muebles... Asi que cuando me mandaron una encuesta sobre el servicio y mencione esas cosas... Y nos dieron un certificado de regalo por $125 por el inconveniente!!!

Asi que el lunes fui a Macys, originalmente queria comprar estos candelabros, y vi que tenian un juego de cuchillos en especial a $39.99 asi que pense en comprar ambas cosas con la tarjeta de regalo... Pero cuando llegue a la tienda, no tenian el tamano de candelabro que yo queria y los cuchillos ya no estaban en especial :-( Asi que pague el precio normal por los cuchillos y me fui.

Hoy regrese porque ya sabia que iba a comprar con el certificado de regalo (unos utensilios de cocina), y cuando llegue al departamento de cosas para la casa vi que el juego de cuchillos estaba en especial de nuevo!!! Me regresaron la diferencia y con eso compre 2 almohadas mas para nuestra cama nueva :-)

Estoy contenta :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have the same pillows! Macy's had a HUGE sale on their sheets, pillows, comforters, etc a few months ago and we got a Martha Stewart Comforter set, 2 sets of sheets, 2 sets of pillow cases, 2 pillows, & 2 Euro pillows all for like $250! The original price of all of that was like $800!!! I felt sooo good about our purchase :)

Pilar said...

Love them!!! So comfy!!! :-)
Yay for great deals!!!