CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Ewwwww

I guess this is the unpleasant part of being a homeowner: Last Sunday John and I were outside on the patio, when he called his sister, so we were hanging there longer than usual and I sat down on the floor... When I looked to the left I saw a wasps nest under the deck staircase!!! Yuck!!! The worse part: It wasn't the only one!!! There was a second one on one of the upper steps!!!

So today, I went to Lowes and bought some poison spray... 2 cans of it. We waited 'til around 8 PM since the wasps are less active at night (found that info online) and sprayed both nests simulteneously!!!

We're leaving the nests there until Sunday, because the cans said the poison will even kill the wasps that come back in the next few days and then I think I'm going to beat them down with a broom stick :-D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Esta es la parte de tener tu propia casa que no es tan agradable: El domingo pasado John y yo estabamos afuera en el patio, cuando le llamo a su hermana, y como nos quedamos afuera mas rato de lo normal yo me sente en el piso... Y cuando mire a la izquierda vi que habia un nido de avispas abajo de la escalera!!! Guacala!!! Y lo peor: No era el unico!!! Habia un segundo nido en uno de los escalones de arriba!!!

Asi que hoy fui a Lowes y compre veneno en spray... 2 latas. Nos esperamos como hasta las 8 de la noche porque lei que las avispas son menos activas de noche (encontre ese dato en linea) y les echamos el veneno simultaneamente!!!

Vamos a dejar los nidos ahi hasta el Domingo, porque dice en las latas que el veneno va a matar a las avispas que regresen despues y creo que ese dia los voy a tumbar a escobazos :-D




0 comments: