CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Livingroom paint

Today I tested the 3 possible paint samples for the livingroom, I had liked Valspar's Martha Stewart Vintage Map paint for a while (first picture) and it was my favorite, I had also see another color named Summer Sorbet which I had been thinking it would be the winner since I got the samples, but when I went to get the samples to Lowes I saw a new color called Cake Stand Blue (second photo) and thought it was super cute, so I got it too.
I painted the 3 colors side by side (keep in mind that I already have curtains and we already bought the furniture for there), and it turns out that the Cake Stand Blue seems too light (left side sample); the Summer Sorbet has too much green on it (sample in the middle); and it seems like my favorite (right sample) will be a good match all around!!!
I want to paint this week before the furniture gets here!!! :-) I love working on our house :-D
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hoy probe 3 posibles muestras de pintura en la sala, desde hace mucho me gustaba un color de la coleccion de Martha Stewart the Valspar que se llama Vintage Map (en la primera foto) y era mi favorito, tambien habia visto otro color llamado Summer Sorbet que pense que iba a ganar cuando vi las muestras, pero cuando fui a Lowes por las muestras vi otro color llamado Cake Stand Blue (segunda foto) que se me hizo muy bonito, asi que lo compre.
Pinte con los 3 colores uno al lado del otro (tomen en cuenta que ya tengo cortinas y ya compramos los muebles para ahi), y resulto que el color Cake Stand Blue salio demasiado claro (es la muestra del lado izquierdo); el color Summer Sorbet tiene muchos tonos verdes (en medio); y parece que mi color favorito va a armonizar perfectamente con lo demas!!!
Quiero pintar esta semana antes de que lleguen los muebles!!! Me encanta trabajar en nuestra casa :-D

0 comments: