CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 29, 2009

I need your input. Part 2: Living Room

Ok here's my other dilema: today I had one of the designers from Ethan Allen come to the house to help me out with the living room and our bedroom, and I got very excited about her ideas... But, once she left I started looking through the website and putting a list together of the items that we discussed that would go into the living room the total would be, approximately, $8381 (without adding the extra costs for custom fabric or other things), and now that I put it together, I'm not sure if I love it THAT much :-S

The other part of the dilema is that I recently got an email from Macys that said they had a furniture on sale, and when I opened it up, I thought one of the sets was VERY cute!!! But I'm not sure if it's too trendy and I would get tired of it soon, or if it would be too much tufting for one area :-) But again, even if I bought that sofa and chair, plus the Grandin Road white leather chair that I LOVE and the side tables, plus the same coffee table from Ethan Allen, the total would come to around $3100!!! (And I could always find another coffee table that 's similar and not as expensive).

So once again, I need your opinion!!! Please leave a comment!!! Do you like either? Should I go ahead and buy the Macys option since it's on sale right now? Or should I keep looking???

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok, aqui esta mi otro dilema: hoy vino a la casa una disenadora de Ethan Allen para ayudarme con la sala y nuestro cuarto, y me gustaron mucho sus ideas... Pero ya que se fue empece a buscar en la pagina de internet y hacer una lista aproximada de los muebles que menciono que podriamos poner ahi (al mismo tiempo) y el total seria, aproximadamente, $8381 (sin incluir las telas especiales que podria pedir y otras cosas), y ahorita que lo puse todo junto tampoco estoy segura si me gusta tanto :-S

La otra parte del dilema es que recientemente me llego un correo de Macys que decia que tenian una especial de muebles, y cuando me meti a la pagina vi un juego que me gusto MUCHO!!! Pero no estoy segura si este demasiado a la moda y se vaya a ver ridiculo en algunos anios :-) Pero igual, aunque comprar ese sofa y la silla, y la silla de piel blanca que me ENCANTA de Grandin Road y las mesitas de ahi mismo, y hasta la mesa de vidrio de Ethan Allen, el total seria de aproximadamente $3100!!! (Por supuesto que tambien podria buscar otra mesa de vidrio mas barata).

Asi que otra vez necesito tu opinion!!! Por favor dejen sus comentarios!!! Les gusta alguna de las 2? Compro la opcion de Macys ya porque esta en especial? O sigo buscando???


I think this (or something similar to it) is the overall look that the designer is going for (i.e. same coffee table, same lamps and I think she also proposed a light/white sofa):
Este es (o algo parecido a esto) el look que la disenadora esta buscando (por ejemplo menciono las misma mesa de centro, las mismas lamparas y creo que propuso un sillon claro/blanco):


These are the items that she proposed, and I like most of them, except the Palma Chair (the leather one with wood trim)
Estos son los muebles que ella propuso, y me gustan casi todos, excepto la Silla Palma (la de piel que tiene marco de madera)

This are the couches from Macys that I really like:
Estos son los sillones de Macys que me gustaron mucho:

Which made me think about combining them with my favorite chair, in something like this:
Lo que me hizo pensar en combinarlos con mi silla favorita, algo asi:
Another thing that makes me think about the Ethan Allen furniture twice is that, for instance, this is the lamp that the designer proposed, it's $419, the second one is from Restoration Hardware, it's very similar and it's only $289, not free, but much cheaper
Otra cosa que me hace pensar 2 veces acerca de los muebles de Ethan Allen es que, por ejemplo, esta lampara que la disenadora propuso cuesta $419, la segunda es de Restoration Hardware, es muy similar y cuesta solamente $289, no esta regalada, pero esta mucho mas barata


1 comments:

Maria said...

I really like the couch from Macy's and the light blue chair. I don't think it's too trendy at all!