CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I need your input: Dining Room

You might remember my first inspirations for our formal dining room, and I still REALLY like the idea of simpler side chairs, upholstered chairs on the head of the table and a rectangular pedestal table... But, it's REALLY hard to find something like it, that "matches" because as far as I can tell I would need to create my own combo... and I'm NOT that good :-D

Any way, my point is, I've found OTHER styles that I'm starting to like, and I found 1 in particular that I REALLY like (yeah, the word of the day is "really" LOL), but I have a "small" problem... I think that my favorite one is too expensive :-( I would've never considered buying a dining set that is this expensive, but the other day John said something about our (future) nice dining room furniture and that we could, eventually, pass it on to our (future) kids... And that got me thinking that if I want something that's heirloom quality (and that lasts until we're ready to give it to them), maybe we would have to spend a little bit more... But then, when I was showing John my favorite 2, he chose the OTHER one!!! He did say in the end that it's up to me, but I did tell him how much it cost and he also thought it was too much :-S

The thing is, the chairs are "on sale" for $1000 less than usual, so if I want to buy it, I think I should buy it soon to save that much... But even with that discount it costs $5000+... What do you think? Is that too much, average or ok? Am I just biased because furniture in Mexico is so much cheaper???

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Puede que se acuerden de las primeras inspiraciones que tuve para el comedor formal de la casa, y REALMENTE me gusta la idea de sillas sencillas con sillas tapizadas mas formales en las cabeceras y una mesa rectangular con base de pedestales... Pero es REALMENTE dificil encontrar algo asi, que "combine" porque al parecer yo tendria que crear mi propia combinacion... y no soy tan buena :-D

Bueno, mi punto es, que he encontrado OTROS estilos que me estan empezando a gustar, y encontre 1 en particular que REALMENTE me gusta (si, la palabra del dia de hoy es "realmente" jajaja), pero tiene un pequeno problema... Se me hace que esta muy caro :-( Yo jamas hubiera considerado comprar este juego pero el otro dia, hablando de nuestro (futuro) comedor bonito dijo John que hasta podriamos dejarselo a nuestros (futuros) hijos... Y eso me hizo pensar que si va a hacer algo que valga la pena heredarles, tiene que ser de buena calidad (y que dure hasta que se los pasemos, no?), tal vez si deberiamos gastar un poco mas... Pero luego le estaba ensenando a John mis 2 comedores favoritos... y escogio el OTRO!!! Claro que cuando noto mi decepcion dijo que lo que yo quisiera pero le dije cuanto costaba y tambien se le hizo mucho :-S

Lo malo es que el juego de sillas esta en especial por $1000 menos de lo normal, y si lo quiero comprar, creo que lo deberia de comprar pronto para aprovechar... Lo malo es que hasta con ese descuento el juego completo cuesta mas de $5000... Que piensan? Se les hace muy caro, promedio o esta bien? O nada mas sera que mi perspectiva esta mal porque estoy acostubrada a que los muebles cuestan mucho menos en Mexico???

This is another dining room set that I like, but not a favorite
Este es otro juego de comedor que me gusta, pero no uno de los favoritos


I just like the colors in this dining room, and I want to go with white curtains in our dining room
Nada mas me gustan los colores de este comedor, y quiero cortinas blancas tambien

This is one that I saw at Ethan Allen the other day that I went to a Decoration Workshop, but I saw it in different colors and with the upholstered chairs that appear on the 3rd photo down (from here) on the head of the table
Este comedor lo vi en Ethan Allen el otro dia que fui a un Curso de Decoracion, pero lo vi en otro color y con las sillas que estan en la tercera foto hacia abajo (a partir de aqui) en las cabeceras

This is my current #2, and the one that John liked more than my favorite, which we could get (table and chairs) for about $2000 :-S It's called Zacara and it's from Lexington Furniture
Este es mi #2 actualmente, y el que le gusto a John mas que mi favorito, y el cual podemos conseguir (la mesa y las sillas) por aproximadamente $2000 :-S Se llama Zacara y es de Lexington Furniture
And this is my favorite, from Restoration Hardware (and YES, right now when I wrote how much the Zacara dining room would cost us I did wonder why am I even considering this one)... Oh yeah, and we can get it in Silver Sage (but the Zacara is also available in a similar color called Caribean Blue).
Y este es mi favorito, de Restoration Hardware (y SI, cuando escribi cuando pagariamos por el anterior si pense en por que lo estoy pensando 2 veces)... Ah, y tambien lo podriamos comprar en un color llamado Silver Sage (pero el comedor Zacara tambien lo podriamos pedir en un color similar llamado Caribean Blue).
What do you think? Worth it or not??? Please leave your comments!!!
Que piensan? Vale la pena o no??? Por favor dejen sus comentarios!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I grew up in a house with very few nice pieces of furniture. Even with Mom yelling at us to be carefull us three of us kids really took a toll on it all. Since that is how I grew up it would be hard for me to justify spending any decent amount of $ on funrniture while we have young children so if it were me I would shop the deals and get pieces that are close enough to what I want. Quality counts too but I don't see anything on your lists that would need fast replacing :). Same goes for the living room, I vote buy Macy's stuff and save the extra $

Maria said...

I agree with BBKiddo!!!