CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our first major purchase!!!

Today we made the first major for our house, and in the process, we met one of our new neighbors :-)

First we went to Lowes to buy our new fridge, washer, drier and mailbox, and the best thing was that I had a 10% off coupon :-) So was happy that we saved $175. We chose to go with less expensive appliances this time around since it's really our first home and we have a bunch of more furniture to buy, we can always upgrade later on :-)

Then we went to JC Penney and bought 7 white roman shades, I really liked the roman shades I found and I wanted to at least have window covers for all the windows in the front of the house, but now I think that when I go pick them up I'm going to buy another 2 for the master bedroom and use 2 of the white ones for the other 2 bedrooms that have windows towards the back of the house, since I like the simplicity of the roman shades and at least on our bedroom I might not layer the look like I will in the living room and the guest bedroom which is why I bought them white. While we were ordering the shades we gave our new address and a young woman said something like: "are you the people from the big bronw house?", we said yes and she said that she is the neighbor from the green house across the street, she seemed nice :-)

I can't wait to start decorating!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hoy realizamos las primeras compras grandes para la casa, y en el proceso, conocimos a una de las vecinas nuevas :-)

Primero fuimos a Lowes a comprar el refrigerador, la lavadora, secadora y el buzon, y lo mejor es que yo tenia un cupon del 10% de descuento, asi que ahorramos como $175 dolares. Decidimos que esta vez ibamos a comprar electrodomesticos que no estuvieran tan caros porque a penas vamos empezando y tenemos mucha casa que amueblar, y siempre habra tiempo de comprar cosas "mejores" :-)

De ahi fuimos a JC Penney a comprar 7 cortinas romanas blancas que encontre y me habian gustado y que queria comprar pronto para por lo menos cubrir las ventanas que dan a la calle, pero se me hace que cuando las vaya a recoger voy a comprar otras 2 para nuestro cuarto y poner esas 2 en los cuartos que dan al patio de atras, porque si me gusta como se ven esas cortinas solas para nuestro cuarto, y tal vez no vaya a ponerlas en capas como en la sala o en el cuarto de visitas que es para lo que las compre blancas. Mientras estabamos ordenado, dimos nuestra nueva direccion y una mujer joven que estaba ahi dijo "ustedes son los de la casa cafe grande?" y dijimos que si, y nos dijo que ella es la vecina de enfrente de una casa verde, y se veia buena onda :-)

Ya quiero empezar a decorar!!!

This are the shades we boutght, we got 7 in white and for the master bedroom I might get this color or another one that's a light turquiose.
Estas son las cortinas que compre, escogimos 7 blancas y para la recamara principal tal vez compre de este color o turquesa claro.
This is the look I'm going for in the living room, with the white roman shades in the back :-)
Este es el look que quiero intentar, con las cortinas romanas en el fondo :-)

0 comments: